Behavioral and social skills for three years olds
- Demonstrates ability the ability to resist the temptation for an immediate reward and wait for a later reward (Delayed Gratification)
- Helps clean, tidy a space, and knows where items belong.
- Engages and is attentive for longer periods of time.
- Has a sense of self and self-care.
- Recognizes personal space & polite behaviors – Learns to not interrupt and recognize private conversations and when someone wishes to be left alone.
- Cooperates in both large group and individual settings
Logic and Reasoning for Preschool
- Recognizes, recalls, and demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving
- Makes connections and recognizes similarities
- Shows creativity and imagination
- Demonstrates understanding of symbols and representations of objects
- Demonstrate an understanding of diversity – Can identify differences in people, but appreciate the oneness that we are all human and experiences similar emotions.
- Appreciates music – May dance, sing, hum, or participate in some way while listening to music. Is able to identify basic instruments such as a drum, trumpet, ad piano.
Language & Literacy Skills
- Recognize both upper and lower case letters
- Work on learning letters sounds and pronunciations
- Can discriminate rhymes and similar phonemic sounds while reading or speaking
- Demonstrates comprehension skills and can answer questions about books after being read
Math & Science Skills
- Can identify shapes easily
- Can make comparisons and matches
- Replicates and draws basic shapes like circles and squares
- Quantifies using numbers and measurements
- Shows a basic understanding of money, its use, and its finite quantity
Physical Development Skills
- Learns to use scissors and other tools that require both coordination and safe handling
- Actively plays and uses gross motor skills (such as kicking, rolling, jumping, and standing on one leg)
- Can pedal and or maintain balance on a tricycle, bicycle or balance bike
- Demonstrates dexterity and fine motor skills through lacing, threading, stacking, and drawing.